In this, “Free Verse Poem Shadow Play,” childhood memories flood black and white.
In, “Free Verse Poem Shadow Play,” a flashback. As a child, my father played a huge impact on my life in the name of “creativity. The many hours of snapping pictures, and then going to his darkroom to process the roll of film. Little gems of life evolve before your eyes under a liquid solution. He’s gone now. But I will never forget what he gave me. The angles, the shadow play, the smiles.
Free Verse Poem Shadow Play
On the surface of anomalistic paving stones
light stretches across dimensions.
For a fleeting time
shadows play with depth and perception.
I watch with camera in hand as a bystander in darkness.
Already I see shadows marauding grooves, endless voids.
I feel the quietness rush,
Imaging it is stopping an erected buzzing lamppost.
I stand and anticipate.
The exchange of light and darkness.
The chilling air.
Revealing time has moved a micro-second.
And then the shape changes,
And rectangular become longer,
And broader, lighter shades fade.
Whose fluctuations captured by a camera lens in video mode?
And the photographer whose knees are bending
Aching and balanced.
She inhales and breathes out slowly—
For creating picture-perfect— shakiness isn’t plausible.
As a photographer in a long black coat, with nimble fingers.
On the start button,
Time encapsulated, and shadows and light, framed second by second.
Steady is the hand that holds.
Molding, bending over grooves.
The greatest video made
Is one tested with patience?
One of creativity.
Something inspiring about it—
I mean, the moment of shadows and light.
©Linda J. Wolff (Google), and “Free Verse Poem Night Birds and Constellations.”
What is a Free Verse Poem? Typically, free verse is a patterned through speech rather than a meter. Further, this form of poetry is very open to the author’s discretion and usually does not rhyme. Such as, visual and sound effects are often employed. It can have as many lines as the writer wishes.
The First Things You Should do here at Wolff Poetry:
- If You’re New to Wolff Poetry: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other beautiful bloggers. Sign in Here – Join WordPress Meetup
- Read Our Post: “18 Free Online Writing Tools for Writers” to Grow Your Presence as a Writer & Get Your Writing Published.
- Grab Urban Pen: Poetic Writings of Linda J. Wolff – Vol #1 Poetry eBook: If you are an avid reader of poetry and enjoy the poetry vibe here. Grab Our Newest Release of Urban Pen: Poetic Writings of Linda J. Wolff
- Daily Prompt: Inheritance
- Read more free verse poems: